Tuesday 2 December 2008

On Our Way

To winter!
That means it's time for delicious cold, refreshing wind, and drinking your weight in hot cocoa.

Also means time for gift shopping, which is one of my favorite things to do, even with the economy...hmmm...shall we say, feeling a bit under the weather?

It just means you have to be more creative, and buy less for yourself during those forays into shops.

As much as I used to love wrapping presents in complimentary colors, picking appropriate paper for a child's toy and an adult's serious book, I appreciate the fun of getting an unmarked package, something wrapped in newspaper or handmade wrapping, or even a brown paper bag.

The anticipation, for me, is always greater when waiting for a friend to open a gift (I can never keep from giving them as soon as possible, just to get that pleasant rush sooner) than when opening my own presents. Part of the fun is the surprise, and part of it is in the hope that this gift means as much to the recipient as it meant to you to pick it out, or make it, care for it, and give it away.

Hope you all have as much fun as I do gifting!

Timely Soundtrack: "Autopilot" by Queens of the Stone Age off ofRated R.
Quote Trapped in My Head:
"And it is summer, glorious, deep-toned summer,
The very crown of nature's changing year
When all her surging life is at its full.
To me alone it is a time of pause,
A void and silent space between two worlds,
When inspiration lags, and feeling sleeps,
Gathering strength for efforts yet to come.
For life alone is creator of life,
And closest contact with the human world
Is like a lantern shining in the night
To light me to a knowledge of myself.
I love the vivid life of winter months
In constant intercourse with human minds,
When every new experience is gain..."
- Amy Lowell "Summer"

What I Learned Today: Why it pays to do your job in two languages at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment