Wednesday 6 August 2003

Wish List!

Oh great muses, thwacketh me on the head with divine inspiration...OUCH! Hey, I didn't mean literally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For lack of better topics, I've decided to compose on my captive html blog the following:
My wish list! Ok, so world peace and no more children dying and cures to diseases and world hunger are givens. But besides those things, this is my personal wish list.

~~~~~~~~~~I wish...~~~~~~~~~~~~
*That people came with neckaces around their necks that glowed when you were near the person (of any gender) that you were supposed to be with. It would save all of this running around and mucking up and knowing that if you chose to throw away the necklace, it would not be that you hadn't found the right one, that you'd decided to forego mystic forces and find your own way.

*That you could easily determine what you wanted to do in life, to pick up cards like in the new Game of Life and say: 'all right, I could do a doctor' (or an environmental lawyer or a paleoanthropologist or an art therapist). Then you would know when it was time to change your focus, to turn it around.

*For a truly excellent pair of slippers. Fuzzy, understated, and warm yet not too winter-driven. NO marabou trim, please.

*That honesty were always the best policy, and that trust would not be broken easily.

*That children were not cruel to one another. For that matter, that people would not need to hurt to be amusing, to be amused, to get revenge, or to feel better about oneself.

*That we could see each person as not part of a group, of an ethnicity, as a stereotyped knicknack to fit a little, but as a single, unique unit, connected eternally to background, family, and friends, born of experience and environment, but as a unique, handblown glass ornament, a snowflake, a self-painted canvas that has its merits and its drawbacks, but always as a person with something to offer the world.

*For pillows. Decorative pillows, floofy pillows, pillows with stripes and patterns and silk flowers all over them and ethnic prints and wonderful, lush or delicate colors and fabrics. Ok, I love bedding. I admit it, I am not ashamed, I love sheets and comforters and most quilts and shams.

*For my favorite artists to come out with new albums.

*That I could reconcile political moves with national and international needs, that I could see a solution and find an answering alternative to war, to commerce, to a system that creates classes and creates needs.

*That I could remember everything I've ever seen, heard, or read, and to be able to recall the appropriate knowledge in an orderly manner when needed, and for it to take no more than 20 seconds to remember.

*For a $500 gift certificate to buy new work (& play) clothes.

*That our climbing tree where healthy again.

*For a great job that lets me get in on the ground floor and gain experience in the industry of my choice. Anyone in the computer games industry? How about graphic design? Indigenous language preservation? Using graphics to communicate interlinguistically? All right, I can't have everything, probably I'll only get the slippers.

But it was fun to create a short list now, and it will be interesting to look back on it later....for me at least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's unhelpful event: I've decided to switch my birthday to June 30th. You all owe me back presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment