Friday 4 June 2004

Color My World?

Back from Brazil, but more on that later...at home, I have some incredibly boring things written from the Bogota, Colombia airport during my two 8-hour layovers there, a description of the professional skateboarder from Lima I met, whom I talked to for 4 of those 8 hours, and random thoughts from Santos and Pinhal, Brazil.

Right now, here's a quiz answer that I will take to heart...shallow as I am.
From the "What Hue Are You?" quiz on ivillage.com: Look to the left and pick "What Hue Are You?"
Answer:
Color My World:
You've never met a color you didn't like… from hot-mama reds to cool-as-a-cucumber celadon, every shade holds some appeal for you. Chances are, this broad-spectrum taste in colors reflects a personality and life that are equally eclectic. To keep things colorful without looking confused, choose a variety of colors with the same intensity: A rainbow's worth of pastels, for example, or primary reds, blues, greens, and yellows, or rich jewel tones of bottle green, oxblood, and luggage-tan.

…With a Cool Breeze

You also gravitate to the cooler tones of green, blue, and violet, known to reflect - and induce - calm and serenity. Luckily, these colors can compliment a hotter palate beautifully. Cobalt blue or lime green adds a special zing to bright yellow, red, and orange, and French blue is the perfect accent color for a room done up in pale yellows and golds. You can also add cool colors by bringing nature indoors: live plants are a great way to add green hues, and, if you're renovating or building from scratch, a skylight is an ideal way to let in a cloud-dotted swath of blue.

Now that's a quiz answer I can relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment