Monday 17 May 2004

The Umpteenth Element

Let's analyze the "What Element Are you?" Quiz answer. For lack of anything pressing to do, and wanting to avoid the Motown special playing in the family room. I will use a check-mark system. 60% is passing, 85% is good, 90 or above is uncanny. 45% is so-so, but 30 or below is ice cold.
To review:
Answer: 'Your Element is Night. You're a loner who is very creative but never show your work to anyone. You may smile a little but sadness or loneliness surrounds you and others can feel it when they're near you. You have a dark or unusual beauty that makes you mysterious and you probably have a lot of secrets that you've never told anyone. Your beauty is intriguing and unorthodox but what really makes you special are your eyes. Something in them makes them like "Diamonds in the Rough."'
1. A loner who is very creative but never shows her work...I don't mind if the work is meant to be shown. Some things I do for myself...oh, and a lot of poetry and drawings are private. Exercises for the brain and heart, you might say. So, I'll give this a check mark.
2. A lot of people think I'm angry or sad when I'm not, so I've made a conscious effort to be cheerful, directing, friendly, and interested in other people. It's exhausting. I mean, I like people in general, and my friends are not so difficult to get along with (otherwise, why would I bother, to keep up human-like appearances? please!), but talking about myself, what I'll be doing, etc., unless I'm in the mood, strains my smile. So, I think a half-check, cuz I'm trying to change.
3. *Blush*. I have a lot of secrets, some I don't mind sharing, so then they're not quite secrets anymore, are they? There are some deep-dark or deep-light ones that will go with me to wherever I end up. I think a half-check mark is in order, though I respectfully decline to comment on the beauty thing.
4. Yes, well, the eyes have it. Power, mystery, signs that say stare at me until I suspect you're disturbed, whatever's in there hides from me in the mirror and comes out to bewitch passers-by. It's the one consistent thing that people remark on. That's what the glasses are for...can't have the world's population hypnotized while I have no time to direct them, can we? A check.

Results: 75% is not bad. This is an amusing answer. And the picture is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment