Wednesday 22 December 2004

Mix CDs and Party Central

I have been making one mix CD after another. I use only my CDs or mp3s we have paid for, so no worries. Beyond that, I've been kept hopping being little Miss Social Butterfly this month. From juggling my friends and shopping to my parents' Annual Holiday Party this past Saturday, not to mention reading and singing at church, I've been flapping my wings like crazy.

The holiday party went off with a minumum of hitches. Hopefully I'll get pictures back sometime soon. Everytime I got up to do something, someone would grab me to talk; people I hadn't seen in ages or had never met. I barely ate anything, yet I managed to feel full all night. I kept gnoshing on mom's outrageously good dill dip and various desserts as we cleaned up the party rooms. Luckily, our house was made for parties like this. From the back "secret" passageway (for quick movement without stepping on guests) to the spacious rooms and many chairs, our house has quite the set up. However, I did have to abandon my friends on numerous occasions. Oh well, what can you do, but play the hostess and let everyone tell you how cute that little pointsettia flower looks in your hair?

A few days before the party, we had a raucous good time, me regaling my friends with some amusing tales, and woohoo-ing around the neighborhood. When we ate Chinese food and went shopping with Jason, we had some good times as well. But, much hilarity ensued all in all, among the stress. Last night I finally finished with presents. I don't care, I'm not buying any more. No matter what anyone says.

Hung out at Christine's tree-trimming party on Sunday, while Emblem was way too sick to be around, and took off before the snow started. I swear my room is so nice and cozy in winter. I love sitting up at night and staring out at the snow falling on the trees. I love winter! Also, got a raise on Monday and my bonus check, too!

I also heard from Amna on Monday night (trying to wrap gifts, natch) and she tried to get me to take a detour to LA on our San Francisco trip. Right, that 8 hour drive is so not happening, though I am worried that her husband might be overly possessive, and that she's having trouble with her 10-month old baby. Baked cookies yesterday with Alex until 1:00 in the morning; we got seriously loopy and remembered good times with LB.

Anyway, future plans include: finding and booking a flight to Chile. Church and the J-D family's house on Christmas Eve. Family, Food, and Movies on Christmas. Crazy family visits the days after Christmas. And, insane amounts of food and eggnog! Going to San Francisco on my birthday and coming back again. Going to Chile for a month. Coming back and being depressed. Did I leave anything out? No? Good.

List of Names of Mix CDs I want to make:
Introspective
Sexy
Off The Walls
Painful
Eclectic I, II, III, IV
Dancing Music
Water

Temporary Soundtrack: Candy Perfume Girl - Madonna
Quote Trapped in My Head: "It's as sterile as chess // Nobody'd guess // You were touching me between the love of God and sister mercy" - I Don't Want to Think About It - Wild Strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment