Friday 28 January 2005

Fare Thee Well

You had me so
bound
Head always
bowed
My mind has come
unwound
This new freedom
allowed

I thought I was
free
Reveling in the
dark
But I can now
see
Every wicked
mark

And I can now
feel
Every bitter
blow
You would have me
heal
But I bleed out
slow.

What have you done
unto me?
This world’s too
cruel and cold.
This was a perfect
slavery
You promised me
I would be sold.

Who let you
shine
Like hope at
midnight?
You made the dark
mine
I just burn in
sunlight.

I've lost a little
mind
You built me this
hell
Yet I still
find
You've loved me
quite well

What have you done
unto me?
This world’s too
cruel and cold.
We had a perfect
slavery.

This lack of chains
has gotten old.
You promised me
my sins would be sold.
I need this so.

Fare thee well
child
Stole my beloved
rage
Made a monster so
mild
It loves the
cage.

~~~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~~~

WARNING! If you click here, you will be subjected to...GASP....poetry! <-- More Poems

No comments:

Post a Comment