Tuesday 6 December 2005

Now it is, then.

I think this might be the time
when I gently let my hand fall
from your strong, warm grip
and walk smoothly on ahead

I think this might be the place
along this winding, uphill path
where I pull my waist away
run laughing into the woods
and don't glance back

I think this might be the way
my journey with you needs to end
I drift away on swift currents
play mistress to the caprice
of eddies and ripples that shy
away from you

Now the hero must tell his beloved
"this fight is mine to win,
this task mine to finish."

Now the wilds beckon
the forest calls
the water sings
the heavens reach down
embrace me and carry me
away from you

~~~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~~~
Shh...a rare Antibacchus anadiplosis, hardly ever seen in the wild. <-- More Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment