Tuesday 13 June 2006

Cold & Hot

Don't look at me like that. It's not entirely my fault I haven't posted in a while. I had that trip to Virginia - Washington, D.C. and Arlington, to be exact (many thanks to Mr. 3am and Ms. 7am, his lil sis, for keeping L.B. and me company); then there was that thing with Ringo Charm, L.B.'s new iPod, and then there was my discovery.

A most wonderful book that explains so many things.

Today, though, I have not much to kick on about. Of course, I was also kept silent by my seething rage at the Gay Marriage Blocking-attempts of our lovely government; by the ill will I harbor for some unknown reason; by inexplicable discomfort.

I am really restless and churlish, even for me. I feel my anger at such a distance, like a subject slighted by the Queen's sneeze, or Hera having to bend to the will of a path between daisies. (Yes, I am aware that I occasionally make NO SENSE, so stop it.)

Well and good...this was my path to the land of the bizarre:
- Just a general vibe all this month that something is not right, something is coming.
- Came across Alice Through the Looking Glass on a random channel, and watched it from book reading to book reading.
- Worked almost nonstop on photos from both of my trips, while - get this, this is how crazed I was for peacefulness - watching the entire extended DVD version of TLOtR "The Two Towers" WITH commentary by the cast.
- Cleaned my room a bit, unpacked my bags, got rid of a lot of physical clutter, but not enough mental/psychic chatter.
- Found the most amazing book that names and gives help for sensory defensiveness.
- Installed "The Sims 2: Open For Business" expansion pack and "Dreamfall" (the sequel to "The Longest Journey". Immediately became enthralled.
- Died in my dream.

Momentary Soundtrack: "Akua Tuta" by Kashtin.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "The troubles of our proud and angry dust // Are from eternity, and shall not fail. Bear them we can, and if we can we must. Shoulder the sky, my lad, and drink your ale." - A.E. Housman - Last Poems 9, 22.
What I Learned Today: How CAT scans work.

No comments:

Post a Comment