Tuesday 23 January 2007

Alonespace

I am hoping to move in early April. Somewhere in the area, close enough so my family and friends will visit me, into a one-bedroom apartment. After so many years of sharing my space, I need to have 'alonespace'. The difficulty comes in determining what exactly I will need to buy, what I will be receiving from the 'rents (who need to condense two houses into one), and what I can do about the several months-long gap we have planned between when I move and when the rents move. It makes as little sense for me to buy new things as it does for them to give me the items they need from NY and bring the CT replacements to NY and use those...etc., etc.
These items will include:
Dining Room Table and Chairs (parents have a back-up I can use, either permanently or for a few months).
Cookware and Corningware (No idea what to do about this).
Tableware and Flatware (see above).
And so on.

I'm not complaining; I would love to receive secondhand stuff, whenever it comes to me. I just think it's amusing the predicament I will soon find myself in.

Timely Soundtrack: "Susie Q" by CCR.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "Annoyed."
What I Learned Today: My target savings goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment