Thursday 8 February 2007

Ornamental, My Dear Watson

Ideas for decorating my apartment:
Place lace as a wall border around the bedroom or living room.
Get plain-colored shelves and paint them shades of one color.
Paint plain shelves in ombré style, many colors.
Use photographs and/or pictures from magazines as a wall border.
Paint plain wooden or cloth blinds with colorful scenes or figures.
Get plain storage boxes and paint them with scenes or cover them with small mirrors/tiles.
Use the sari(s) I have as wall tapestries, wall borders, tablecloths, or to cover open bookshelves and unsightly areas (such as my stereo).
Use perfume bottles as decorations - place on rotating shelves.

What I have so far:
Bedding Part I
Bedspread/Slipcover
These in teal.
These in light blue.

What I want:
Bedding Switch-out Option 1
Bedding Option 2, only with beige sheets.
Bedding Option 3
Toy Box
Handy Blue Boxes
Star Lamp
Storage Ottomans - the poor woman's furniture AND closet!

I need blue salad plates and mugs.
A bed frame and mattress (and boxspring, I think).
A TV, TV cart, glassware, flatware, lamps, pillows, curtains or blinds, office/desk chair, picture frames, art frames, matting board, toaster, cutlery, bathroom rugs, blankets, towels...etc.

Timely Soundtrack: "The Moment I said It" by Imogene Heap off of Speak for Yourself.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "...In wilderness is the preservation of the world." - Henry David Thoreau.
What I Learned Today: What a Pyrrhic victory entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment