Saturday 17 April 2004

Charcoal

Hair blackened with charcoal.
Eyes rimmed with kohl.
Skin smeared with bronze paint.
Voice practiced to give no hint.
Would you make of me a native?
Or would you raise me up to live
Your shining goddess, glistening
with sweat, my moonskin denting.

If I understood all about love
I could unpin this specimen dove
To awaken my corrections.
And so with mental convections
Black out, white out, mix us,
Animate the too-quiet masses.
Unfurl a flag of perfection
Instead of dirty reflection.
No riddles, doubts, or empire fears
Would slip into my pregnant ears.

What shade of pedestal goddess
Will you want me to address?
Sculpt me in marble cold
Or meld me in bronze bold
And color me exotic,
Or write me quixotic.
I did say I was a queen,
But I see this is your dream.

~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~

Look, Mumsie: no meter! <-- More Odes

No comments:

Post a Comment