Tuesday 28 September 2004

My Computer Broke Up With Me...

...and it wants its hard drive back.

Two incidences of computer hilarity:
1. Last week, I was using a file transfer program to copy files from one of our network drives (at work) to a mapped drive on a client's computer (connected over a VPN). On my first attempt, the files started moving, everything was going along. I checked on the progress a few minutes later and saw a window with the following error message:

Can not copy (file name).  The path is too deep.


I burst out laughing and called our computer guru down to show him. He giggled like a maniac and looked up the message online. He had never seen it before.Who made up this message steeped in mystic tones? Sounds like a druid wrote the error patch. The next time I tried to copy, it was successful. Evidently it had found a new path.

2. Today, while using our software, I got the following error message:

Error (#) TOO MANY ARGUMENTS.  


LOL. Oh, man, don't leave me computer! I know we fight, but think of the good times. When we upgraded your system, and I dusted your speakers, lifted your monitor, gave you more memory. I've given you it all!

Sometimes, you just need to laugh like there's no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment