Monday 27 September 2004

Steam

I turn the heat up
in the shower
the pipes roar
hard water soft water cold water
freshwater salt tears
nothing can clean this skin
I'm in

Your dirty words have gotten
trapped between the ridges
on my shriveled fingers
I should save the water;
nothing will make
your claws let go-
I let it flow.

I can feel it still
ugly parasite
crawling up inside
grasping, sweating, ramming, pulling
my edges raw
burns me the color of rust
and powerlust

There is no end to this cold.
you're shaking...I like it
now rage takes the reins
I cut the water
for it refuses to cut me
to be my leech
and bleed you out of me

Steam cloaks my face
holds me like a mother
rolls off my back
and pours from my nose
I am a dragon, breathing fire
this time
the bloodlust is mine

~~~~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~~~~

Didn't your mother ever warn you not to play with words? <-- More Poems

No comments:

Post a Comment