Thursday 4 November 2004

Vanished

You're gone.
It's over.
Done.
Your life - finished.
Say it, get it out there -
Dead.
To the world, to me -
Gone

gone in the dissolution
of sharp, sweet, sugar granules
on my tongue -

I've swallowed you
so painfully.

gone with the slow extraction of
light from sunset, of
dark from sunrise -

You've killed both
day and night.

gone in the lost innocence
of children grown old
before their time -

I've aged them with
my abandonment.

vanished, banished, released
from behind prison bars, the very things
holding you up at the end -

Free from mortal affairs.

You are Gone.
Dead.
Floating above the earth
- or below it -
carelessly naked and unconcerned.
Space-time bores you.
Physics cannot trap you
in paradox.

And (to you)
I -
I am gone.
I am dead, over, finished,
lost in the mists;
my burdened thoughts
particles
separated by your
ghost wind.

~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~

You Still Have More to Learn...
<-- More Poetry

1 comment:

  1. I remarked that I couldn't remember what caught my eye about your site....now I remember. I love the poetry.........the election blues was special.

    ReplyDelete