Wednesday 25 May 2005

Aging Five Years in Five Hours

That's what it feels like I did on Saturday night. We took my mom, who was having pains in her lower right back (around the kidneys) to the hospital at 7:30pm. She had kidneys stones six years ago, and she thought it might have been the same thing again. Anyway, Emblem and I stayed until 11:00; we went home expecting my parents to call us to bring an overnight bag or to tell us they were on their way.

They didn't get home till 3:00am, and never could get reception to call us (once they were allowed to use their cell phones). Emblem and I were a bit apprehensive, and annoyed, before they finally came in. I got up early the next morning and went to church, where I hung out with LizAd and answered everyone's questions.

Mom has an appointment with the doctor on Thursday, but they found no stones in the CAT scan, so we're at a loss as to what could be causing the blood leakage.

All in all, not a night I'll be likely to forget anytime soon. And not in a good way. Especially...yeah. Ok, not going to do this here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, I went to the dentist on Monday and got five cavities filled! The carnage! I was desensitized until the next day. My smile was all crooked and the corners of my eyes felt tight, I was so numb. My cheeks were actually swollen. Not a pretty sight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday I kipped off work early and hopped a bus to the Port Authority, and ended up at Emblem's office on Broadway. She showed me around their very cartoon-influenced offices and we grabbed some Rigoletto's pizza before we ran to the Ballet. Yes, we saw Don Quixote performed by the ABT! The music from the wedding scene I recognized very well from my years as a ballet student. My body started twitching, calculating the angles I would need to perform the exercises we used to do to that music.

It's just another part of me that I can't describe, how necessary it is for me to release tension through dance. I miss the feeling of stretching the limits, of being perfectly balanced, of knowing that you are making something so exquisite with just your body. That's why I spend so much time dancing my demons out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Temporary Soundtrack: Leon Minkus' score for Don Quixote
Quote Trapped in My Head: Emblem: "Look, it's George Balanchine Way!" Me: *1,000-watt grin* "Sweet!" Emblem: *Odd look* "Wow, that was WAY too enthusiastic for the street sign." Me: "Well, it's better than the sarcastic 'Oh, for joy!' I was going to give you."
Also: "It's the Tchaikovsky All-Star Spudtacular!" - Emblem

No comments:

Post a Comment