Wednesday 11 May 2005

Emblem Will Leave the Building

Emblem is Moving Out! To the big bad (and oh so good) NYC. I am so sad! But, hopefully she'll come visit a lot on the weekends and I will get to stay with her sometimes. What will we do without her? Cry ourselves to sleep? Well, maybe just the first week. Then she'll be back!

Anyway, I'm really proud of and happy for my big sister. She's taking an important step towards independence, plus she'll have even more time to spend awake every day, since she's saving on commuting time. And she may even be richer and buy me more presents! *Ahem*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is really amusing. My friend and I heard Rob Thomas' new single, Lonely No More and I completely misinterpreted one part while she misunderstood another. So, below, are our versions of the lines we heard wrong and the real lyrics, or so I've been told.

I (mis)heard:


    I don't wanna be lonely no more.
    I don't wanna have to pay for this.
    I don't want another lover at my door,
    It's just another heartache on my list.


    And I thought: "Right on! I'm so with you there." However, this is really:

    I don't wanna be lonely no more.
    I don't wanna have to pay for this.
    I don't want to know the lover at my door
    Is just another heartache on my list.


    And LB heard:


    Now its hard for me with my heart still on the mend
    Open up to me, I could do your girlfriends.


    And was understandably puzzled. But he actually says:


    Now its hard for me with my heart still on the mend
    Open up to me, like you do your girlfriends.



Temporary Soundtrack: Lonely No More by Rob Thomas.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "He wasn't begging, he was just keeping time with his cup. You go on and believe that, you keep your eyes straight up..." State Inspector from State Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment