Wednesday 11 January 2006

Der Schnupfen

So, you want to know what I've been up to? Too bad. I'm going to tell you anyway.

Spent my birthday shopping, eating with family, and finally dancing in Nyack. Ended the Old Year with dinner at a Thai place and partying in a bar in Nyack with Salvo and Emblem.

Went to visit my favorite college roommate, R., at her brother's apartment in CT for a brief three-hour period before she took off for her five-year stint at CMU in Pittsburgh. Saw Khoka the dog in all his glory and received a beautiful scarf that everyone covets the instant s/he sees it. And a lovely purple necklace and matching earrings! I drove my mum and I up, and on the way we realized this was our first real road trip together. True, it only took an hour's drive, but it was something!

Had family game night with LizAd's family & the Fire Dog. Hilarity ensued. Cranium is the best game ever.

Contracted a case of the sniffles. Hence the post title. I hate Hate HATE getting a cold, because I despise blowing my nose. It disgusts me and makes me feel queasy. Plus I managed to run a fever, which is difficult for me to do with my normally low body temperature.

Hung out with Christine and Marci in honor of my birthday. They gave me unexpected gifts, including a puzzle book with extremely tough puzzles and magnetic pieces, and a Vera Bradley wristlet in the coolest pattern. Eat your heart out!

MWAH!

*Sniffle*

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Instant Soundtrack: "Get Myself Arrested" from Gomez's Bring It On.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "Woke up it was a Chelsea morning...Oh, won’t you stay, We’ll put on the day, And we’ll talk in present tenses..." - Joni Mitchell, "Chelsea Morning."
What I Learned Today: My alarm clock STILL hates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment