Monday 3 April 2006

New Orleans Lost

Man-boys like you
are the reason I have stria
where nothing should be
"Mama, girl, one fine lady,
won't you be my baby?"

Do not talk to me
Map in my waistband
sweat on my back
y hoy día no hablo inglés para nadie
I need to b-

"aby, don't walk away.
You're a pretty flower
you'll melt in the sun
without my sweet love"

Do not talk to me
tripping over dead cats
skipping with bloody feet
sunburned cheeks smile
dust too dry to blink my skies

It is cold on this corner
where the sun refuses to
throw shadows
even for the flies
I need to c-

"ome back, pretty,
I want to walk you down
to my bed, we can sleep under stars
on my front step"

All is not lost
just a girl
in this new New Orleans
the both of us toxic
Trying to be your promised land

~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment