Tuesday 11 April 2006

Read it Here First

What follows is a news update on the activities and whereabouts of Mandala.

So, I returned from New Orleans on the 1st, very late at night, kept Emblem and Sarsie up for hours, and still managed to get up to go to church and sing in the choir that same morning. Then, everyone abandoned me (the rents to CT, Emblem to the Big City), and I breathed a sigh of relief to be home.

NO was fun, depressing, relaxing, and interesting. Meica and I took 395 pictures. That's why no one has seen any yet.

On the 5th I had my first dance lessons - Introduction II Rhythm and Introduction II Smooth - and did NOT get lost on my way to Hackensack.

Pezzo (yay, Pezzo!) came to visit on the 7th, after much trouble on his part - ask him about his drive, then duck - and I had to wait at the end of my street to flag him down. My house is very out of the way, no?

Went to the dentist Sat. morning, got a cryptic message from H., the rents came home, we picked up mom's peluca, and went to dinner. Pezzo, good job making nice with the older generation.

We watched MST 3000, played NES, and eventually settled down to watch TLOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring way too late at night to be healthy.

It was a very low-key weekend, all told, due in part to the rain and hail - kept us from going to the park - and in part to sleepiness.

Got up again early to go to choir, remembered I was the Lay Reader when I got there. Palm Sunday, Hosanna, etc., back home. Pezzo's car needed yet another jump before he could start off, then he went too far on the Thruway, had to hit a U-ie. Meanwhile, I slept in my cozy little bed from 18:00 to 22:30, woke up, worked on the compu, ate, felt sick, went to sleep at 2:15. Sigh.

Tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with my girls! Woohoo 'Lex and L.B.!

Momentary Soundtrack: "Thick" by Tonic off of Lemon Parade.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "I have passed the test. I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel." - Galadriel, from The Fellowship of the Ring.
What I Learned Today: The tale of Tam O' Shanter.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good job not getting lost on the way to Hackensack. I get lost trying to spell it (had to look at your post to make sure I did it right.

    Confirm word: ywcmvxc (wait! These things aren't even words!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarsie is the first in my link list. The corn chips one.

    "hgwisjap"

    That's right. I said it.

    ReplyDelete