Wednesday 24 May 2006

My Bag, the Addict

Why is it that so many people struggle with child-proof caps on medicine bottles, and yet the inside of my messenger bag can open them and dump all of the contents into said bag?

And why does my messenger bag do that anyway? To spite me? Is it getting a migraine by association? Has it somehow acquired a kicky drug habit?

The worst part is it opens my bottle of vitamins, then opens the capsules, so I reach into the bag, and...voilá! Magic vitamin dust!

Actually, the worst part is right now, when I have a migraine, and it's hidden all of the lovely, life-reaffirming half-white, half-green migraine meds in the ample folds of its black lining.

There will be a reckoning, some day, messenger bag...I will replace you! Your nifty vertical line of three outside pockets had all merged into one by ripping through the lining, anyway.

Some replacements I'm eyeing:
(But, before we get into that, try searching for "messenger bag" on google images. Amazing!)
Soviet Bag
This, in blue.
Alas, I don't like the yellow.

Sigh. I really want a black messenger bag with enough pocketses to make compartments, with maybe a small design somewhere.

Temporary Soundtrack: "I Turn My Camera On" by Spoon.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "...for days and days on end...put yourself, put yourself in my place." - from "The Way You Are" by 46bliss.
What I Learned Today: See the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment