Saturday 6 May 2006

one two three four we can do it forever more

I really think
that you and me, baby
could take over the world
I'll get the boys
and, well, the girls
you can hold their hands
pick up their pieces
convince them
I'll be back someday
charge them overtime for
love in the off-hours

We will be the grandest
of conquerers by seduction
tyranny through heartbreak
my endless supply of pheromones
your surprisingly charming vulgarity
I knock them down
you set them up again
Ready for the nuclear fallout
or maybe just sex

Our lack of trust
will save us from disaster
we both know neither one
can feel deeply
so we will never fall in love,
let the other one down
by turning plasticene and steel human
you are a steel rod wrapped in cotton
I, a silk dress carved from marble

both look soft and sweet
enough to set a trap

~~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment