Wednesday 10 September 2003

Fever Dreams

So, I've been sick lately, on and off for the past few months, and every time I go to the clinic, they tell me it's a cold or a virus or strep throat even though I always test negative. So anyway after a bout of insomnia early this morning, I had some crazy feveresque dreams that make acid trips seem sane, and I don't know if it was just sickness-induced or fever-caused (cuz I'm usually fever free, and my temp yesterday was exactly 98.6, but then again I sometimes come up as 97 degrees, so who knows), but I thought someone might as well get a kick out of them besides me.

Please suspend all disbelief while crossing this line. At least you didn't believe this was REAL the way I did this morning.

I was in this gigantic house where I knew my boss lived with all of these cats, and I was simultaneously this woman and her daughter, and we were looking for something, surrounded by cats in this crazy mansion and with other kids, and eventually I left and a cat got attached to me by way of a chair. I mean to say, this fold-up chair got stuck with a stick up my sleeve and the cat sat on it and made me unstick the chair and the cat was just chilling and it was beautiful, I wanted to keep it.

Next, I'm somehow a young girl and I have dark hair and I'm swimming in some sort of aqueduct or river or pondish thing with a small bridge overhead, my blonde friend and I can touch the bottom with our feet and there are boats lined up on their sterns against the wall, covered in algae below the water line. I have swum here many times before, my dream-self knows. The girl stops me at the opposite side of the bridge underwater, so I am stuck under the bridge, swimming, and she plays with this light attached to the bridge and gleefully shouts: "Look, it's like the police!" and flashes a very bright light. I know she will attract too much attention, and sure enough a kid with his bedroom on the bridge wakes up, looks at us, and says: "Playing police, huh? Cool."

I am suddenly watching myself a seven year old girl named Kristy (not my name, but I am watching and it is me at once, as often happens in my dreams) who has got a major crush on the kid from the bridge (Older, teenaged, kind of Asian-punk looking), and she is debating whether or not to make him an engagement ring from plastic when her friends come in and convince her she will only get her heart broken.

Jump to older Me/Not me with a group of three teenagish girls going from a house opening a door stepping into some sort of truck show, western stage show, not important, but people tell us, "I don't think people dress like that to go here. You must be looking for the concert." And so we are. We are dressed sort of like Elvis, I am wearing a white jumpsuit with a halter top that has starry stuff like one of his most famous outfits (odd, I am not a big Elvis fan), and we are looking for some concert, not an Elvis one. That is located in some room that goes off of Salvo's basement but yet not his basement, with pine-covered walls that have two doors, and suddenly, hiding there, is a huge auditorium. Two thirteen-year-olds are kissing and the boy says, "I hope you kept your teeth hard to kiss me with" and we walk on. A little kid tries to injure me for stepping on his toy, but I calmly explain to him why it was his fault in the first place.

Jump again to me "waking up" in my dream and seeing that my clock says 9:15 and knowing I am late for my first day visiting clients and I run out to yell at my parents for not waking me up, and all of the clocks say it's after 11, but different times, and I yell at mom because she doesn't care or realize or agree that the clocks are out. Dad finally notices and says it must be the workman's fault. They have hired a maid and a fix-it guy (yeah right, a maid? Never happen!) and they are cleaning up the kitchen but tearing apart the walls. Dad & Mom sit on the couch and a thing that looks like a giant cake-decorating plastic tip drips cleaning sludge on my dad's shirt and he doesn't believe us until he sees for himself. There was more cleaning dripping, but I don't remember who got it or why.

Jump to me telling Emblem & Salvo, who are in a room that's not mine but yet is (the pine walls again) about my strange dream, how I dreamed Salvo's dad (who is in this fake awake part my boss) was there, and about the concert in his house, and he says that was weird. Then he says: "Look what I got" and pulls up his shirt to show us a gigantic tatoo of this bizarre scene of the Buddha all done in indo-chinese style that's half done and appears to cover most of his torso and back, half in white (unfinished) and half undone. Mom walks in and he has to tell her what's' up and she says: "That's a nice tattoo" and tells us something unrelated like "Dinner is ready." And I know in my dream that one of my friends is going to get a tattoo and I almost say it but don't. And the tattoo is just so big, and so undone, that it looks just odd, kind of achingly well done,but not beautiful yet. Then I wrenched myself out of fever and sickness and really woke up, and I could have cried, I was so happy none of it was true.

So shrink me. Unthink me. Blink me out of existence. Wink me your inner eye.
It's too bizarre for words. At least it had no premonition elements or deja-vu elements in it.

I submitted poems to a web site contest. I expect nothing to come of it, because it's pure chance that my poem would even be read. But I did it. So :-p

I made some more quick ones using the poetry in motion thing on poetry.com, it's fun because it limits you to 20 elements and to their list. Then you can make your poems in this style and rearrange the words.

Till later,
See you in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment