Tuesday 30 September 2003

Jumbled

Memory wiped,
I writhe in dreams.
Flashes of fear
Sting me while awake.

It's not a fog,
It's a carousel image
Gone sane:
Jumbled and reformed.

Not a pretty
Puzzle am I.
Half-moon scars
Shown to an uncaring world.

Fall apart, me?
Impossibility wears at
My missing past,
Revealing lurid tidbits.

Logic no longer
Reigns when disoriented.
Shattered memories form
A vast twisted museum.

Faith lies to me
Soft feathers in my ears.
I can no longer hear
My own weak sounds.

Doust thou protest too little
to have that much anger?
Vengeance has no bite:
I have heard a million variations.

Wrong, skin was supposed
To be kept safe.
Make room for invisible bruises
I hope it was broken at birth.

Let's hope it was broken at birth.
The door has no lock, no key,
safe from you, or safe for me?

~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment