Monday 20 October 2003

Beg

You peck at me
scrambling for bread crumbs
in my hands, from my heart.
And you act like
you know me.
My friend from the start.

My life is your
specimen, it's gossip
open to speculation.
And you act so very
concerned
about my pain.
While you ask me
to sign my name.

I feel like a Jesus
but this is no temple
I am not safe from
vultures or theives.
And I can't help you.
No, I won't heal anyone.

How am I supposed
to heal your pain?
I've just met your
eager eyes and
spoken to your
unhearing ears.

How am I
supposed to fill
that emptiness
you've nurtured
all these years?

When will you drink
your fill from this
fishbowl I call life?
When will you stop
grabbing at my clothes,
unraveling the threads
of my life?

~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry, but split lines are just not attractive on you.<-- More Poems

No comments:

Post a Comment