Wednesday 22 October 2003

Sick

So I've been busy! And sick with a nagging cough that makes me sound like a lifelong smoker. As Emblem says, getting my germs everywhere. Don't know what's going on with that, but I bought some anti-cough stuff today, so we'll see.

Some have pointed out to me that this is not really a log of my life, more of like all of my thoughts poured out haphazardly on paper. To those people, I say, I invented the flaming woodchucks. Shame on you for doubting me.

Anyway, those very thoughts will comprise the essence of this posting. I have a bunch of jumbled verses and song snippets and dream remnants all swirling around in my vast, intriguing brain, and so as not to lose them, I have decided to write them down as invisible data streams. Oh, how smart of me. But anyway, I thought I'd let them ramble around in the big bad world for a while. See if they come back with any musings. Amusing, no?

I'm sinking in,
mesmerized
by the scars
on your skin.
I'm not trying
to hypnotize
still I capture
and you fall in.

I'm sorry, I don't mean
to draw you in this way,
though I did it all the same.
My spells are accidental
it's not nearly my fault,
but I'll take the blame.

It's true I don't
have many
addictions to feed.
The taste of your
skin is the only
drug I need.

Don't mind me
I'm just
jumping out
of my skin.
I can't wait
to have you
near me
once again.

In the scent
of your skin
I recognize
my heaven.
The taste of
your kiss
has me hooked
into this abyss.

And there's nothing
either one of us
can do to pull away.

No comments:

Post a Comment