Wednesday 5 November 2003

Flora & Fauna

I think it's time the wildlife of the world told humans and their political games to go to hell!
This display of human power and control over nature (a deluded sense of grandeur and a need to grasp onto life is fed by pieces of paper with presidents on them) has led to open season from aircraft on Alaskan wolves. Does anyone ever say, "oh, the human population is getting out of control again, let's shoot at people randomly from aircraft"? Oh wait, yes they do. I knew Bush had one hell of a hidden agenda, but really! War to decrease overpopulation...I say we eliminate those who take more than their fair share...No, I'm too peaceful. Right.

Oh, and by the way. Go shoot up, Bush. I hope someone figures out a way to make you pregnant. I hope you know the pain of rape and the agony of childbirth. I hope you are in danger of death from a problem pregnancy, and you realize just what the hell you've done to the thousands of women who have to choose between their child's lives and their own. Hmm..let's create even less power for women over their own bodies.

You who say you love families, what about this: you've just killed thousands of women, mothers, leaving their newborn children parentless or motherless. You don't know anything about what it's like. I'm not letting you tell me what I can and can't do with my body anymore. You look at it and I should have the right to kill you for degrading me. I'll degrade you the way you've degraded my ancestors and me. I'll tear you down and bite you, spit you out and then I'll smile when you tell me I'm hot when I'm angry.

I'm sick of talking heads, no one speaking for the rest of us, white men in their 50s deciding the future of my body or my child. Deciding my future. I'm not taking this anymore. This is not a law that protects. It's a law that kills and destroys families. You want to lash out? You think you know better? That's your choice. It's my choice. I'm not going to let you choose for me. I don't try to choose for you. It just comes down to the fact that you want to take power away from me. You must not know me very well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unhelpful laugh of the day: " Oregano on blueberry muffins? I don't think so." "But it's imported oregano..." "Well, that makes all the difference..."

No comments:

Post a Comment