Tuesday 26 October 2004

10,000 Small Sacrifices

I have tried being
every type of lover...

The seductive Cleopatra
with my pheromone mist
intoxicating your brain
expert toys and silky chemises
for any 'romantic' occasion

The inexperienced ingénue
that everyone wants
to teach sinful things to
plaid skirt and librarian hair
wearing my innocence like a shield

The tantric goddess Rati
so knowledgable and tempting
my saliva like the juice
of forbidden fruits on skin
all positions skillfully executed

The indomitable Ice Queen
biting words and walls so thick
that let the hero's passion in
trembling and turning to quicksilver
rebuilt at night for each performance

Even the reluctant prey
with trapped wrists or raking nails
shaking rage giving way to pleasure
but fighting the invader still
to a fumbling, guilty ecstasy

...but I only end up
feeling dissatisfied
more and more unclean

-ritually or otherwise-

washing slippery hands
brushing my teeth
erasing the scent of love

until the urge arises again
and I give another small
sacrifice on command.

~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~

Solecism is part of free speech, man! Dude, you can't suppress the solecism! <-- Yet More Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment