Monday 25 October 2004

The Things We Do In Empty Houses

Walk around in fear, or in freedom. You're alone at home. It's something I've always relished: having enough space to stretch, to vent. Not having to answer a million and one questions about what I'm doing and enumerate my reasons for all I do. The peace, the absolute quiet that only I (or the phone) can shatter. The freedom to roam around in odd states of undress, or to try on clothes, or take a bath. A long, steaming bath, with a good book at my side. I love the sensation of restfulness, of being the only active object on stage. Of not living on that same stage.

Temporary Soundtrack: Joan Osborne: Pensacola and Dracula Moon off of RELISH.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "Go with the flow, / well, you got to be sick. / Think I'd rather hear my heart not tick. / But if you don't want wear a hospital gown, / better get out now...or keep your eyes down."

No comments:

Post a Comment