Wednesday 13 October 2004

Best Laid Plans

You think you can follow me
Into my black hole
And emerge to find
you've escaped whole
Well, I learned to chew
and swallow all I stole
from your fake blood heart
while the tale I told
About what you did to me
how you planned to break
my destiny, but you couldn't see
I'm a great big earthquake...

You are not immune to me
and all my guilty charms
You will breathe out to me
maybe die in my arms
You who tried to eat my soul
I've laid so many to rest
Carved them up and taken
beatings on this chest
You will ache for me
As I never did for you
Turn it on its head
all you thought to do
and shove it back
into you

The best laid plans
I have heard the Bible say
so often are just
one
bittersweet
swallow
away

~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~

That elegy is getting a little rusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment