Wednesday 22 June 2005

The Here And Now of Posting

So, I have not been posting as much as normal, and no new poems for almost a week now (oh, the horror!), because I've been working on something new. It's a novella that just will not leave me alone. I came up with the concept this weekend, sat down to work on another full-length novel that I've been working on, and remembered this idea instead. From then on, the prologue came pouring out of my brain, along with, oddly enough, what will probably become chapter III. It's all coming out in bits and pieces, but flowing remarkably well. It's been ages since I've written any piece of fiction in prose form, so I'm amazed at my ability to actually get my ideas down on (digital) paper.

Also, I've been hanging out with my friends and Emblem, all the while enjoying the feel of an empty house. I'm such a jungle cat, I swear - so territorial and antisocial some times.

On the long-term future note, I'm looking into doing this program: Masters Degree in Design and Technology, a two-year graduate degree program, with a concentration in Game Design. My major hurdles: lack of a coherent portfolio, no experience in either design or programming, no letters of recommendation, it's a really expensive program, and my own biggest fear.

However, I can take care of the letters and portfolio (hopefully) by taking night courses at a local college. As far as money goes, loans and scholarships are my friends.

All in all, it's been a strange yet peaceful week. Besides the refridgerator breaking and getting mold in everything. And my favorite aunt permanently moving to Virginia. And the hectic plans we have for this weekend.

Well, whatever gets you through.

P.S. Can't wait to see Sar-Sar and Cult Steve this weekend! And our party planned for July 2nd is going to be epic!

Temporary Soundtrack: Open Up from Dispatch.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "Mae patted the duck fondly. Marlow gave a firm 'squich-ah' as if in agreement." ~ from my new story.

No comments:

Post a Comment