Thursday 30 June 2005

Empty Mirrors

You are a
most ineffectual light,
aching to shine your
glass heart out. I would worship you but
In a world filled
with white-hot you are blind to me.
brilliant suns,
you are a flicker.

You are a
desolate hallway
lined solely
with empty mirrors. I would fill you but
You clean this
reflective skin you spit me out.
every night with a
toxic solution.

You want to wear
that symbolic ring.
Throwing yourself
at the whoring moon, I would hold you but
willing to lick
the sweat off his feet you despise my touch.
and let him
use you as a throne.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friends occasionally inspire me to write poems about them, their situations, their attitudes, etc. To date, seven poems on this site have been nudged into my consciousness through interactions or observations of them. When I say inspired, I mean just that, only inspired. Nothing ever stays true to life for long, especially in my poems.

This is one of those poems. I dislike all but the last stanza. So, I'll keep working on it. Because I love torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment