Friday 1 July 2005

Flurry of Letters

*Surveys posts over the past week with amazement. Gives semi-sheepish laugh.*

Remember how I said I was going to be lax with my posting from now on? Apparently not. Not that any of the poems or anything I'm putting out are any good - yet. *Winks* I've taking to putting up more raw material and re-working it over and over again, until I never want to read the words and I dream about them and they float through my mind at inappropriate times, and I shove them away, only to have them echo in my head much later on, at which point, once I hear the echo, I know I have something.

So, if any of you lovely people actually read the poems on The Poetry Monster post, you'll notice that they change. A lot. Some of them get longer, some shorter, some go in completely different directions than the original. The date on these posts, by the by, is only a date of first publication. I should really put the date updated next to these poems instead...

On the news front: I've been tinkering with several chapters to Animated at once, and the prologue has been growing like a wordy chia pet, along with the plot. However, new chapters will be slow in coming, since I have taken to reading about Game Design in books borrowed from all over several towns. Isn't that neat, the way these library systems work nowadays?

P.S. We have a new fridge! Yay!
P.P.S. Tomorrow is going to rock!.

Temporary Soundtrack: "Untouchable" by Garbage off of Beautiful Garbage.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "And your hands are really shakin’ somethin’ awful // As your worries climb around inside your clothes // Oh, how long will you be sittin’ in the darkness // Heaven knows..." "Crazy Baby" by Joan Osborne, off of Relish.

No comments:

Post a Comment