Thursday 21 July 2005

Verse Status

The following poems have been updated. Listed below are titles and one of my favorite lines in each poem.

The A in Egypt      "even her lullabies pitch and keen instead of croon"
And I Am...     "all this awkward fumbling, trying to fit together puzzle pieces of flesh."
Goddess      "She idly wishes for a tourniquet for the weather"
Licorice      "Even alone I feel like licorice, with ridges shifting below my skin."
Navigation      "You are the only thing, living or still, that I cannot seem to disassemble"
Pretty Things      "Shiva, baby, can you tell me why is it always the pretty things that we so dearly love to destroy?"
Today      "Under the intermittent sun, where Our feet tickled the mountain's backbone"
Unicorn Bones      "I glow supernova-bright like an acid-tripping firefly even in daylight."
Vertebrae      "I confess I want you most when breaking."

Temporary Soundtrack: What Shall We Do With A Drunken Sailor?, a traditional sea chanty (or shanty, if you prefer). Thank you very much, L.B. I hold you fully responsible for this.
Quote Trapped in My Head: "Love comes down any way it wants to. Doesn't ask for your permission. Open up your arms, or it will break you in two." from Dracula Moon by Joan Osborne.

No comments:

Post a Comment