Wednesday 20 July 2005

Graveyard Blues

I'm going down to the graveyard, baby.
Going down to dig my grave.
Said I'm goin' down by the graveyard, baby.
Down to dig my own grave.
You brought me to this, darling,
when you told me that our love,
it could not be saved.

Going down to the graveyard, honey.
Gonna lay me down in my grave.
Walking round the graveyard, honey.
Gonna lay my bones down in this grave.
The ghosts're wailin' all around me, sugar,
but I'm too low down to be afraid.

And if I rise up, rise up someday
I will kiss the cloudbursts and fly away
If I see you walking with your new lover
I'll send some storm clouds your way

I've made myself a bed of bones, baby.
Gonna rest my head down to sleep.
Made me a bed of bones, baby.
Gonna lie here in this grave and sleep.
I always knew you wanted me gone,
Gone now, so far gone, child.
I just didn't know
you wanted me six feet deep.

(And I will rise up, rise up someday
Kiss the cloudbursts and fly away
When I see you walking with your new lover
I'll make it rain on your wedding day)

~~~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~~~

Whew! Finally got it out of my head. What can I say? I think we should go back to having parties in graveyards.

No comments:

Post a Comment