Thursday 7 July 2005

STOP

It's really not hard. I am not asking you to love your neighbour as you love yourself. I am not telling you to devote your life to working with charities. I am not requesting that you leave all your worldly possessions behind and become a prophet.

I just want the world to stop.

Though there is no such thing as a completely innocent soul, there are good people in this world.

I have a wish. I wish you could feel what the victims of your acts of violence suffer at your hands. The intense physical and emotional pain of these victims, of their families. I wish you could see their faces in your dreams, hear their names in the pounding of your heart.

I just want these senseless acts, these violent attacks, the wasting of lives, to stop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deepest sympathies to those who have suffered in London today, in the past, and will continue to feel this pain in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment