Thursday 16 June 2005

Xanthous

This is something he used to do
He would climb the wayward trees
pretending he was anything but human
breaking hearts but never his own
being anything but a well-adjusted child

This is someone he used to love
how her eyes shined like black opals
she used to glow with warmth
his white skin luminescent next to hers
and there was sweat and a trundle bed

This is somewhere I used to go
pacing the ends of piers with splintered feet
dancing between the squares of marble
wandering the wrinkles in my own brain
So fey, such a fickle, violent child.

This is something I used to be
cold and aloof in my own skin
a wicked and capricious deity on a throne
marking my territory with words and glares
Feared and consequently adored against my will

But This...
This is something new.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AEW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ain't no rhyme like an approximate rhyme. <-- Poems Abound